ownCloud works perfectly in situations where you want your data in the cloud but you want to be the owner of that cloud. Lets look at a few examples where ownCloud would work perfectly:
- A small “cloud” which is contained in your LAN, for example a school, a small business environment etc.
- An environment where you want to know exactly where the actual data resides, Government institutions, NGO’s etc.
- Environments where you want to share large documents without overloading your email server.
- Environments where you want multiple users to collaborate in creating and sharing documents.
Useful functions of ownCloud
- Its free!
- Its open source software!
- You own and administer it.
- It has clients for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android and iPhone.
- Access your data any time anywhere.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Access your data anywhere via a user-friendly Web interface.
- Friendly user community.
I know many people are interested in this application but feel they may not be technical enough to install it. Think again! There are detailed instructions available on the ownCloud website on how to install it on:
Try it, you will not be disappointed!